B&B near Hay on Wye
Meals are taken en-famille in our large and pleasant farmhouse kitchen from where there are views over our gardens to the Black Mountains. When the weather is fine visitors are welcome to eat outdoors.
All food is good home cooking, freshly prepared from wholesome and, where possible, locally sourced ingredients. In addition to breakfasts we supply teas, packed lunches and excellent evening meals.
Your breakfast choice includes helping yourself from the dresser to:
- Our own special recipe fruit compote
- Fresh grapefruit
- Fresh fruit, including, in season, apples from our own orchard
- Fresh Blueberries (local when possible)
- Best quality Greek style yoghurt
- Freshly squeezed orange juice
- Porridge with or without a tot of whisky
- Locally dry-cured bacon (All eggs are our own free range)
- Award-winning*, locally made sausages
- Mushrooms Grilled fresh tomatoes
- Best Craster Kipper
- Scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
- Sliced Avocado Bacon on waffles with maple syrup or honey
- Boiled eggs with soldiers
- Poached eggs
- Fresh home made bread or toast with a range of local or home-made preserves.
- Copious supplies of tea and coffee
We major on game, a typical meal being slow-cooked venison haunch, or rabbit pie or pan-fried pigeon breasts.
Alternatives to game include chicken cooked in local cider or slow-roast pork belly for instance. All meals are served with fresh vegetables, either grown by ourselves or from our local organic supplier.
We also cater for vegetarians: a typical meal might be portabello mushroom stuffed with aduki beans, cherry tomatoes and herbs.
Puddings are all home made and delicious.
3 courses for £25
2 courses £20
BYO Wine! – We are unable to sell wine to you but you are welcome to bring your own wine to accompany your evening meal