B&B near Hay on Wye
Due to the situation regarding Coronavirus, we have very reluctantly taken the decision to not accept bookings until Spring 2021
Cosy fires and good food here at Rock Cottage!
Come and get away from it all!
Located amongst secluded lanes not far from Hay on Wye, Rock Cottage is a friendly, quality B&B with a touch of luxury. You will find a log fire, a warm welcome and good food. Cosy and warm in winter, Rock Cottage is the perfect hideaway for short breaks. In summer awake to the sound of bird song and, from your window, enjoy the lovely countryside.
We can promise you peace and tranquillity and it is our aim to make you comfortable and to look after you well.
Guests are welcome to arrive (or return) after 4pm. If between 4 and 5pm you will be served a complimentary tea with home-made cake or scones with fresh cream and home made jam.
The cottage is over 300 years old and full of character, with magnificent mountain views.It is the perfect B&B for:
- exploring the lovely little town of Hay On Wye and its bookshops
- walking the Black Mountains, the magical Olchon Valley, Llanthony and Offa’s Dyke and the Herefordshire Trail which passes us close by.
- exploring the beautiful Golden Valley, its ancient churches and villages
- visiting Hereford with its magnificent cathedral
- Visiting the amazing World Heritage site at Blaenavon: see the Big Pit, the famous Iron Works and explore the famous Alexander Cordell Country, made famous in his best seller, The Rape Of The Fair Country
Close by is the beautiful, hidden Olchon Valley and Llanthony Priory, setting for the recent film Resistance. Also the Mappa Mundi, the oldest existing map of the world, which featured in the film, can be seen in Hereford Cathedral.
What our visitors say:
“A perfect welcome, a perfect room, in a simply wonderful place. A great way to spend a Sunday breakfast – putting the world to rights” L. Mayled, Weston-Super-Mare.
“A most wonderful haven with warmth and comfort. Felt blissfully relaxed. Sue and Chris are perfect hosts and Sue's cooking was wonderful. We will come back soon.” A. Singh, London.
“What a wonderful weekend! Fantastic food, magical walks and a heart-warming welcome. What a hidden gem!” D. Holliday, Fulham.
Also see our wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor.
Rock Cottage is a non smoking establishment. Regrettably the cottage is not accessible to wheelchair users and may be inconvenient for others with disabilities, due to the differing floor levels and to the sometimes narrow doorways.